It seems today is an exciting day! So many book deals! I usually count on BookBub for my ebook deals, but it seems that Book Riots daily email had many more interesting things. I don’t like their daily email setup as much as BookBub, but at the end of the day it’s about getting the deals.
In today’s exciting book deals there are:
- Waiting for Snow in Havana: Confessions of a Cuban Boy
- This book is a slow one but it is definitely worth the read! I was most stricken by the uniqueness of the father in this story, and loved the way his son described him.
- The Golem and the Jinni: A Novel (P.S.)
- I never actually finished this book, however, it seems that a lot of people really enjoyed it. I usually really like fantasy books but this book was almost too fantastical for me. I couldn’t see how a golem and a jinni would ever really interact. I like my fantasy books to remain within the realm of logic. I know the author is trying to use these mythical beings from two different religions/cultures to make a point, but it did not jive with me.
- Let the Great World Spin: A Novel
- I bought this one today! I have been wanting to read this book forever and was just waiting for it to go on sale.
- The Inheritance Trilogy
- LOVE LOVE LOVE. This is definitely for those of you who love fantasy. And if you enjoy Sherrilyn Kenyon’s work, especially Acheron, you will enjoy these books. Very much of the same vein.
- We Should All Be Feminists
- It’s by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Not other explanation necessary
*Decided to start using my own photos sometimes, (1) just because and (2) in the hopes I will get in the habit of taking more pictures.